Welcome to the Port Adelaide Diversity & Inclusion Film Festival.
Get creative and produce your own film, of under 20-minutes in length. Join us on the red carpet to announce the winning films.
The festival is a vehicle for social change – a place where diverse voices are included to make a change to build a better future.
Every Filmmaker who belongs to a minority group or culture should get an equal opportunity to showcase their work, this festival has been created to provide them with a platform and opportunity. The judges are from diverse backgrounds and seek to encourage and support making diverse and inclusive Australia films.
The Port Adelaide Diversity Inclusion Film Festival recognises and showcases films and screenplays that represent cultural diversity, the underrepresented and minority in communities.
|Connection||Uniting people and giving voice through the arts|
- Creativity is beyond race and culture
- Creative minorities are undervalued.
- The world needs creativity to enrich lives and society.
The PADI film festival Laurel
The PADI film festival is honored to have our uniquely designed laurel for our official selection, honorary, nominated and award films designed by the amazing Ashleigh Anne Bruza.
The laurel colours represent the traditional owners who have built the foundations for First National people and the fire we carry on through the generations that continue Aboriginal and Torres Strait people being the oldest living culture. Stars (Circles with dots around) represent First Nation connection to our ancestors and spiritually. Community circles (circles with u and I shapes around) represent the different communities/diversity groups. The slightly larger one that meets in the middle represents coming together as one to share our culture/stories.
The PADIFF team would also like to thank the incredible people at Tandanya National Aboriginal Cultural Institute for their help and support and the inspirational space provided for the creation of the laurel.
Awards & Prizes
- Award for the best diversity and inclusion film
- Award for the best diversity and inclusion costumes/makeup/set
- The Audience Award for best diversity and inclusion film
- Award for the best ‘Out of the ordinary’ diversity and inclusion film
- Award for the best innovative or conceptually confrontational film (pushes buttons/ideas)
* A laurel and certificate for every film selected and to the award-winning entries will be provided.
Film selection process for PADIFF
Films will be ‘selected ‘ by panel members for the PADIFF based on their Diversity and Inclusion content and/or diversity and inclusion of crew members. Films shortlisted as ‘selected’ will be awarded laurels. Judges will select the winning entries for each category for the festival from the ‘selected’ films. The screening on the night will include the winning films for each category and a curated selection of shortlisted films.
The audience will choose the film for the audience award from the selection of films screened on the night, with the winner announced via social media.
Rules & Terms
- Entries should be sent via FilmFreeway with a secure online screener;
- the film must be under 20 minutes (including credits);
- the film must be submitted in English or with English subtitles;
- the film must be original and created after 2020;
- the film must be submitted as a .mp4;
- the film must be in 16:9 format;
All submitted material (including images moving or still, sounds, music and text) must be cleared for copyright for use in this film festival;
By submitting to the festival you confirm that you own the rights to the film, including the rights to any images moving or still, sounds, music and text. All genres are welcome (narrative, animated, experimental, etc.). Filmmakers may submit multiple entries as long as each film is submitted with its own Entry Form and paid Entry Fee.