FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What kind of material is PADIFF most interested in supporting?
- Your short film must reference people who are from minority and cultural diversity. Other than that it can be about anything.
What are the eligibility requirements for submitting a film to PADIFF?
- All films must be under 20 mins in duration.
- All films must be submitted in English or with English subtitles.
- All films must be original and created after 2019.
- Filmmakers are responsible for ensuring all copyright on their materials is cleared.
- The submitted film must be an MP4 in 16:9 format.
- Films can be created on any device.
By submitting to PADIFF, you give us the right to screen your film in front of a live audience at the Odeon Semaphore or any venue and included in a live stream of the event.
What categories are there?
- Award for the best diversity and inclusion film
- Award for the best diversity and inclusion costumes/makeup/set
- The Audience Award for best diversity and inclusion film
- Award for the best ‘Out of the ordinary’ diversity and inclusion film
- Award for the best innovative or conceptually confrontational film (pushes buttons/ideas)
* A laurel and certificate for every film selected and for the award-winning entries will be provided.
What do I need to submit to enter PADIFF?
• An image of yourself, plus up to 300 words which should include your bio, and a description of your film.
• Your name, address, email, mobile phone number, date of birth, and the category you’re entering.
• Your original film (under 20 min, 16:9 MP4 film, etc.).
Does it cost to submit my film to PADIFF?
• Yes, the cost to submit a film is $10.00 early bird (before 30 June 2022 ) after that the cost increases to $20.00 (submissions end 31 July 2022).
When is the PADIFF application deadline?
• Sunday 31 July 2022 (midnight)
How do I know if I’ve been shortlisted/selected?
You will be notified via email on 12 August 2022 and then listed on our website and social media.
What do I win?
• See the awards page for a list of prizes.
Do participants pay for travel and accommodation?
• Yes, participants will need to make their own arrangements for travel and accommodation.
Does PADIFF own my film?
• No, you retain the rights for your film. On submitting to PADIFF you give us the rights to broadcast the film and promote the film on our platforms.
How do I contact the PADIFF team?
• Send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org we will get back to you as soon as we can.